Playtech developed Double Attack Blackjack. It is a new variant that you can only play online, which you can test here for free. Since it removed some elements of the game, it will make sense if you practice a lot before you bet real money.
Double Attack Blackjack Rules and Features
This variant works with eight decks. The key feature in this game is that the decks do not have 10s. This reduces the possibility of both the player and the house of getting high cards, and card counters will need to make adjustments on their strategy to play.
The rules are similar. Your goal is to hit a hand close to the number 21, without exceeding it, and your hand must be higher than that of the dealer.
Here is how the game goes if you play double attack blackjack online:
- Both the dealer and the player will get one card each, with the face up.
- After this, the gambler has to decide if he wants to double his bet. This wager will be added to your total bet.
- The next step is for both of you to get your second cards.
The player now has to decide what to do, and here are his options:
- Double Down
- Take insurance
“Bust It” Side Bet
In this feature, you are wagering that the dealer will bust on the third card. If your guess is correct, you will win the side bet. The payout ratio varies according to how the dealer got busted on the third piece. These are:
- Suited 888 – 200 to 1
- Coloured 888 – 50 to 1
- Bust with number 6 – 15 to 1
- Bust with number 7 – f10 to 1
- Bust with number 8 – 8 to 1
- Bust with number 9 –6 to 1
- Bust with number K, Q, or J – 3 to 1
Other than these kinds of situations, you do not win the side bet.
Double Attack Blackjack Basic Strategy
In the absence of tens, your chances of landing a blackjack diminish significantly. But the same statistical problem occurs for the house. Below are some tips you can apply to reduce your risk and improve your odds of winning.
- Only bet a Double Attack if your initial hand is between eight to ten. This strategy gives you better odds.
- Do not place a wager on Bust It unless the first card of the dealer is eight and up.
- Always hit if your entire hand is between four and eight, regardless of the hole card.
- Stand on 18 to 21, even if the dealer has an ace in the hole. Do not buy insurance in this situation
- Buy insurance if your card is less than eight and the dealer has an ace in the hole.
Always remember, your goal is to minimise your losses, on top of hitting a 21. You need to summon your presence of mind and always look at the dealer’s card. Use that hole card to make an informed decision, and do not get tempted to bet bigger just because you are feeling lucky.