Play the European version of blackjack online on our site for free. If you do, you get to experience how to play the live version. All the stakes, rules, and payouts are the same. Whether you are a beginner learning the game, or a pro who wants to try a new betting system, you will benefit from our demo version because you do not have to bet real money.
There is no limit to how many times you can play. Just launch a browser, and you are ready to go.
European Blackjack Features
The European blackjack has similar rules compared to the classic version. However, this one uses, on average, six decks. The usual game only uses four. On some tables, the dealer uses as little as two decks while some will use as much as eight decks.
Another feature of this variant that sets it apart is that if you split your cards, you can only draw one for each hand. In the classic game, you can keep on hitting until you hit the desired number where you can stand.
In this version, the dealer must always stand on soft 17, whereas in the classic games, they have the option to hit.
And one last thing, the dealer will only get his hole piece, the one face up, once all players have been dealt with two cards.
After getting the hole, the dealer will ask each gambler to decide. Once all players are done, it is the only time the dealer will get a second one and decide what to do with his hand. In classic blackjack, all bettors get dealt after the other in succession.
How to Play European Blackjack Online
The goal of the game is the same as the classic version. The sum of your cards must be 21, and you are only playing against a dealer.
At the start of the game, each bettor will get two cards. You must take the sum of these cards to determine your hand value. Faces have a value of 10, and the ace either has a value of one or 11, depending on the player.
If your hand value is higher than the dealer, you win.
Here are the specific steps to play the game.
- Launch the game
- Click on the chips to determine how much money you want to bet.
- Click on the betting table. Clicking it twice will bet twice the chip you selected.
- Click on the Deal button
- The computer will automatically sum up your cards. If you get a natural blackjack, which is two cards summing up to 21, you win. If not, you need to make a decision. These are:
- Hit – ask for more cards, which will be summed
- Stand – you are satisfied with your hand value and ready to battle the dealer
- Split – split your cards into two sets if your first two cards are the same. The dealer will give another card for each set. Splitting also means you are doubling your bet.
- Double – you will double your bet and receive another one. If you do this, you cannot ask for another one.
- Insurance – you can take insurance of the hole card of the dealer is an Ace. The amount of the insurance is hand the amount of your original bet. If the dealer draws a blackjack, you will win the insurance money, but you will lose your original bet, which makes you break even on that hand.
- Once you are done, it is the dealer’s turn. Here are two rules you must know.
- Dealer stands on soft 17, which is made of an ace and a six.
- They must draw a card if he has 16, regardless if it is soft or hard.
European Blackjack Strategy
Forget about card counting, as this variant uses a lot of decks. It is a mathematical nightmare to count the number of cards that have already been used, much less knowing what they are.
Here are some tips that will help you succeed in the game.
- Hit if your card value is eight or less, regardless of the dealer’s hole card.
- Always stand on 15 or 16 if the hole card is less than six, but hit if his card is higher than that.
- Always stand if you have A8, A9, and A10.
- Always stand if your card is 10-10.
- Always split if your card is 9-9 and the casino’s card is less than six. Stand if his card is higher than that.
Practice these strategies first before moving on to a complicated one. There are so many variables and permutations of card combination that it is best to stick to less than ten principles. At the end of the day, it is your discipline that will either make or break your bankroll.